AJAX Tutorial for Java Programmers
The prerequisites for this tutorial are:
- Java. You should be comfortable in the Java programming language.
- HTML. You should know HTML, and be familiar with HTML attributes and styles.
This tutorial teaches AJAX programming in Java using the Jaxcent Java AJAX framework. Jaxcent
- integrates well with other Java server-side programming, by providing
access to the Java server-side session and application objects.
that you should at least try to read through and if possible do the exercises in these parts of the tutorial.
enough to understand what it is all about. For Ajax programmers, such familiarity could prove helpful once in a while.
The steps in the tutorial are outlined below:
- Getting Started
- Hello, World
- A Dancing Hello, World!
- Listening to Hello, World Events
- Adding a New Page
- Working with Tables and Lists
- Receiving Input from the Page
- The Session
- Retrieving Session Data
- Navigation in Web Applications
- Data Verification
- Hiding and Showing Page Elements
- Adding New Elements and Moving Existing Elements
- Saving Your Own Data in the Session
- Dragging and Dropping
- Optimization Issues
- Further Learning